dot dot
bulletSSC1 Bangkok
bulletSSC2 BKK-Pattaya
bulletSSC3 BKK-Hua Hin
bulletSSC4 Chiang Mai
bulletSSC5 Chiangmai-Chiangrai
bulletSSC6 BKK-Chiangmai-Mae Hong Son
bulletSSC7 BKK-Middle-Northern
bulletSSC8 BKK-Central-Northern
bulletSSC9 Kanchanaburi (Eco tour)
bulletSSC10 River Kwai 2 D 1 N
bulletSSC11 Angkor Wat 3 D 2 N
bulletSSC12 BKK-North-South
bulletBeijing Package with Ski
bulletKorea Package 5 Days in Ski Resort
bulletHonoi Halong 4 Days 3 Nights 9,999 baht
bulletSpeaking Thai
bulletAdventurous Sports and Outdoor Activities

bulletClub services
bulletStudy in USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand
bulletVisa assistant & consultancy
bulletGeneral Info in Thailand
bulletFestival in 2005-6
bulletUseful Info
bulletDo & Do Not
bulletMay 5D4N Package
bulletSeminar trip
bulletTeam Building & Walk Rally & Training
bullet3 Days Cambodia full board 14,000 baht.

Dinner Cruise in Chaopraya River only 1,000 Baht
Cabaret Show only 1,000 Baht
The Best Show in Bangkok only 1,300 Baht

Vimanmek Mansion article

  Upon his return from Europe in 1897, King Rama V (1868-1910) used his personal money to purchase orchards and paddy fields between Padung Krungkasem Canal and Samsen Canal for the construction of a royal garden which he named "The Dusit Garden".

  The first permanent residence in the Dusit Garden was Vimanmek Mansion, built In 1900 by royal command of king Rama V. The King had the Munthaturattanaroj Residence in Chuthathujrachathan at Koh Sri Chang, Chonburi, dismantled and rebuilt in the Dusit Garden under the supervision of HRH Prince Narissaranuwaddhiwongse. The celebration for the completion of Vimanmek Mansion was held on March 27,1901. King Rama V then moved his residence from the Grand Palace to stay permanently at Vimanmek Mansion for five years until the completion of Amporn Satarn Residence in 1906 where he lived until his death in 1910, Vimanmek Mansion was then closed down and members of the royal family moved back to the Grand Palace.

  Near the end of his reign, King Rama VI (1910-1925) gave permission to Her Majesty Indharasaksaji to stay at Vimanmek Mansion. After the King's dealh, she moved to stay another residence in Suan Hong compound north of Vimanmek Mansion and the Mansion was closed.


   King Rama VII (1925-1934) renovated the Mansion several times. For example, he ordered the installation of new electrical wires and the repair of columns of the main pier at the artificial lake In the garden. But starting in 1932, Vimanmek Mansion was used only as a storage place of the Bureau of the Royal Household.

  In 1982, on the auspicious occasion of the Bicentennial Anniversary of Bangkok, Her Majesty Queen Sirikit, who had discovered that Vimanmek Mansion, with its elaborate architectural style was still intact, asked permission of His Majesty King Rama IX to renovate the Mansion for use as a museum to commemorate King Rama V by displaying his photographs, personal art and handicrafts, and to serve as a showcase of the Thai national heritage for future generations.

 Vimanmek Mansion is the world's largest golden teakwood mansion with its elaborate architectural style reflecting a western influence. The building has two right-angled wings, each wing 60 meters long and meters high, and is three-storied except for the part where King Rama V resided, which is octagonal and four-storied. Although the ground floor is brick and cement, the upper floors are built of beautiful golden teakwood. Altogether there are 31 exhibition rooms, with the bedrooms, the throne room and the bathrooms maintaining the atmosphere of the Thai past. Some display rooms house exhibitions of Thai art including silverware, ceramics, crystal ware, and ivory.

  Besides Vimanmek Mansion and Amporn Salam Residence in the compound of Dusit Garden (or Dusit Palace as it was later renamed by King Rama V), King Rama V allocated plots of land for the construction of residences for his consort, princesses, and Other wives. He also named gardens, canals, gates and roads after ancient Chinese ceramics (commonly called "Khrueng Kirn Tung"), which were very popular at the lime. Thus, the residence that belonged to HRH Srisawarindhira was named Suan Hong Residence (Swan Garden Residence), These residences located north of Vimanmek Mansion have been turned into museum buildings and a hall for royal coaches on show to the public.
 Museum Hours : 09,30 a.m.-3.15 p.m. every day, including weekends and public holidays.
 Traditional Thai dancing : Two shows daily at 10.30 a.m. and at 2.00 p.m.
Proper attire Is required.
 Location : Rajavithi Road, Dusit, Bangkok 10300
 Telephone: 628-6300-9
 Admission fee: Adults 50 Baht, Students, monks, nuns 20 Baht

1 - Vimanmek Mansion Museum
2 - Support Museum Abhisek Dusit Throen Hall
3 - Ticket Room
4 - The Stage
5 - Souvenir Shop and refreshments
6 - H.M King Bhumipol's photographic Museum II
7 - H.M King Bhumipol's photographic Museum I
8 - Information
9 - Old Clock Museum
10 - Office
11 - Slide Multitision Hall
12 - Ancient Cloth and Silk
13 - Food Shop
14 - Office 2
15 - Pharaphernalias of Rank and Portraits Museum
16 - Royal Carriage 1,2,3
17 - Royal Ceremonial Photographic Museum
18 - Suan Si Ruedo Residential Hall Museum
19 - Suan Bua Residential Hall Museum

Open daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thai dancing shows: Daily at 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Admission : 50 Baht. Proper attire is required.


Bangkok Sightseeing Tours

Temples in Bangkok
Royal Grand Palace article
ล่องแก่งหน้าน้ำ แก่งน้ำว้า ล่องน้ำเข็ก แก่งหินเพลิง article
Outing - Seminar & Teambuilding article
Marble Temple
Please pray for Thai King

Copyright © 2010 All Rights Reserved.
Thank you very much for your interest in our services. Sightseeing Club team From overseas +6681 0091707.